DENVER, August 26, 2010 - For the fourth consecutive year, Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) has been recognized by LATINA Style Magazine as one of the top 50 companies for Latinas to work for in the United States based on the publication's 13th annual evaluation criteria for identifying corporations that are providing the best career opportunities for Latinas in the country.
· Qwest is among the top 50 companies that met the evaluation criteria including: number of
· Qwest is committed to maintaining diversity in its workforce and attracting talented Hispanic employees. The company offers excellent training, education and community volunteerism opportunities for Hispanic employees.
· The Qwest Hispanic employee resource group, called SOMOS, also provides a unique cultural perspective to Qwest leadership on various business-related issues that are important to the Hispanic community.
· In addition, Qwest participates in culturally relevant events including Cinco de Mayo and Fiestas Patrias celebrations and maintains high profiled relationships with local Hispanic Chambers of Commerce in the region.
· The Qwest Foundation supports numerous Hispanic cultural organizations including Chicanos Por La Causa, Friendly House, AGUILA Youth Leadership Foundation among several others that provide assistance to Hispanic youth and families.
· Qwest provides in language service to its Hispanic customers and has created several products tailored to the Hispanic market. Qwest currently offers the largest rogramming with DIRECTV MÁS available through Qwest, and Qwest® Plan Latino, a long-distance calling plan with reduced rates to Mexico and Latin American countries.
· In 2009, Qwest's bilingual call center El Centro de Qwest celebrated 25 years of service to the Hispanic community. With over 150 bilingual customer service representatives, El Centro de Qwest is one of the longest running bilingual call centers in the country.
· An annual awards ceremony honoring the LATINA Style 50 Companies will take place on February 3, 2011, during LATINA Style's Diversity Leaders Conference in
"For the fourth consecutive year, Qwest has been included among the top 50 corporations on Latina Style'sed to be included once again on this prestigious list,” said Shasha Richardson, director of diversity at Qwest. “Qwest remains committed to investing in the Hispanic community both inside our workplace and in the communities in which we live and work."
· For more information about Latina Style Magazine's "Style 50" list visit www.latinastyle.com.
· Visit www.qwest.com/espanol for the latest information on Hispanic tailored products and services by Qwest.