DENVER, April 8, 2009 – The microblogging site Twitter is fast becoming a new way for companies to interact with customers, and Qwest (NYSE: Q) today launched its own presence on Twitter, called "Talk to Qwest." The Talk to Qwest team will monitor for customer service-related "tweets" and respond to and resolve customers’ problems in a whole new way.
- Customers expect companies to do business with them on their terms, and Qwest customers can now use Twitter to resolve service-related problems. Qwest’s new presence on Twitter, called Talk to Qwest, is a customer-focused social media program designed to provide Qwest and its customers another way to communicate and resolve customer service issues online: http://www.twitter.com/talktoqwest.
- In addition to Qwest’s more traditional customer service channels, Qwest is now engaging customers through social media such as Twitter, blogs and discussion boards. The goal of Talk to Qwest is simple - provide quick and courteous resolution for Qwest customers.
- A team of Qwest representatives in Boise and Idaho Falls, Idaho, as well as Sioux Falls, S.D., are the “faces” of Talk to Qwest and proactively engage customers who may be having service problems, and respond to customers who contact them.
- The Talk to Qwest initiative allows Qwest to benchmark its customer service against competitors and integrate customer feedback into its operational decision-making in an ongoing effort to perfect the customer experience.
“Qwest’s focus is on perfecting the customer experience, and Talk to Qwest is a program that embodies that vision. When we listen to our customers, contribute to the conversation and share what we learn in the process with all parts of the business – that’s when we begin to see the success stories.”
-Brian Stading, Qwest vice president, Sales Support Operations
"People are talking online about Qwest and it's important that we listen and respond in a way that lets them know we've heard them. Whether we solve customers' problems, advise on appropriate services to meet their needs, or simply thank them for choosing Qwest, it's gratifying to connect with our customers on their terms."
-Joshua Sippola, Talk to Qwest team lead – Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Talk to Qwest at www.twitter.com/TalkToQwest or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn more about Qwest and social media at http://socialmedia.qwest.com
- Talk to Qwest Customer Experience Blog Post http://snipurl.com/f0ehn
- Twitter Responses: http://snipurl.com/f0fc6 and http://snipurl.com/f0fdd
# # #