CenturyLink Receives the ISO 20000 Certification for its Services Provided in Cotia/SP Data Center
SÃO PAULO, Feb. 4, 2019 – CenturyLink Comunicações do Brasil Ltda., Brazilian subsidiary of CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL), received the ISO 20000-1: 2011 service management system compliance certificate for the services provided in its data center in Cotia/São Paulo, Brazil.
The certification covers the provision of backup services, colocation, consulting services, database management, dynamic enterprise computing v3, DNS service, hosting, housing, load balancing, Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange management, Microsoft Terminal Services, office space, OnSite assistance and operations, SAP Basis Management, storage and virtual hosting, among others.
“The ISO 20000 is an internationally recognized standard that helps ensure best practices in IT services management,” said Gabriel del Campo, vice president, data center, security and cloud for CenturyLink Latin America. "The certification recognizes CenturyLink's commitment to provide high quality services aligned to the business needs of our customers, supporting them as an IT service provider so that they can focus on the success of their businesses.”
Examples of ISO 20000-1 requirements implemented
- Incident Management, which restores the normal operation of the services as soon as possible and minimizing the impacts on the business operation.
- Problem Management, which analyzes the cause of the incidents that have occurred in the IT infrastructure, looking for workaround or definitive solutions, avoiding their recurrence or minimizing the impact.
- Change Management, ensures that standardized methods and procedures are adopted in all changes in the IT infrastructure, in order to support the demands of the business without impacting the services.
- CenturyLink operates three data centers in Brazil and more than 360 worldwide.
- CenturyLink’s data centers in Latin America have received several certifications, including the Uptime Institute’s TIER III, SAP Hosting Partner, ISO/IEC 9001, ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27017, reflecting its commitment to maintain the high level of quality established by international standards for data center management.
- CenturyLink’s data centers host both CenturyLink’s and customers’ environments with a team of specialized technicians managing the environments.
- CenturyLink regularly measures and improves its data center and security services. An important part of its ongoing maintenance process includes updating and renewing the certification of its installations, the foundation for its strict information security policies, for traditional and cloud services.
- CenturyLink´s global data center infrastructure has direct connectivity to its more than 720,000 km of fiber network (450,000 route miles), and serves customers in more than 60 countries.
About the Certification
- The ISO 20000-1:2011 is a service management system (SMS) standard that specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfill agreed service requirements.
- Valid for a period of three years, the certification was approved after an extensive audit of data center processes and infrastructure, conducted by TÜV Rheinland, a provider of technical, safety and certification services.
- TÜV Rheinland evaluated various IT service management processes applied to the services and infrastructure of the data center.
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.