Qwest Communications International Inc. (NYSE: Q) is spotlighting its bilingual call center, “El Centro de Qwest” in celebration of its 25th anniversary of meeting the needs of Spanish-speaking customers. In honor of this milestone, through the end of 2009, Qwest is offering 25 minutes free international calling for Plan Latino customers.
<: 10pt">El Centro de Qwest was founded in 1984 by one Qwest supervisor, Margie Emmermann, and four Qwest service representatives Humberto Estrada, Ramon Garcia , Carlos Higuera, and Silveria Olivar. Their vision was to provide excellent customer service to Hispanic Qwest customers. Today, El Centro de Qwest has grown to two locations in Phoenix and Salt Lake City and more than 350 bilingual employees.
- El Centro de Qwest serves Qwest’s 14-state residential and small-business region and meets the needs of Qwest’s bilingual customers through marketing, sales, customer service, credit, repair and technical support via phone and online.
- Click here to view the bilingual El Centro de Qwest anniversary TV spots - Spanish | English. The television ads feature El Centro representatives and highlight Qwest’s commitment to providing exceptional Spanish-language customer service as well as its understanding of customers’ needs, language preference and culture.
- El Centro representatives are committed to serving the needs of their local communities. Each year, they come together as a team to collect school supplies, canned food, clothing and monetary donations to support local children and families in need. In addition, El Centro representatives provide holiday gift bags to elementary school students as part of their “Adopt-a-School” holiday initiative.
- Qwest has been nationally recognized for maintaining diversity in its workforce and attracting talented Hispanic employees. Qwest also supports cultural organizations including Hispanic Chambers of Commerce, the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities, Hispanic job fairs, Fiestas Patrias celebrations, Latino Heritage celebrations and local nonprofits such as the Cesar Chavez Foundation and Friendly House.
- Click here to view the El Centro 25th Anniversary Video
- Click here to see El Centro 25th Anniversary Logo
- Link to the El Centro TV spot – Spanish | English
- Learn more about Qwest and its product offerings at www.Qwest.com/espanol
Qwest Media Contact