DENVER – March 30, 2010 – Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) today announced the launch of two new managed solutions: Qwest iQTM Managed Security Service (MSS) and Qwest iQTM Network Management Service (NMS). The new offerings deliver on a relationship Qwest and IBM (NYSE: IBM) previously announced to provide a powerful yet easy-to-use technology ecosystem specifically designed for businesses with 15,000 employees or fewer yet robust enough for the Fortune 100.
Qwest pilot customer TEAM Industries, Inc.—a designer and manufacturer of transmission assemblies, components and CVT’s for a variety of on and off-highway markets—is already experiencing the benefits. Qwest worked with TEAM Industries to: implement a scalable and cost-effective solution to provide more capabilities to offload router and existing web filtering; increase security to mitiffic going through TEAM Industries’ six locations and interconnect those locations with resilient technology.
- Reduces the costs and complexities associated with managing security needs, while mitigating the impact of liability and security threats from malware, SPAM e-mail, unauthorized network access, and Internet resource misuse.
- Enables customers to leverage Qwest expert tools, skills and processes to improve their system uptime and performance, optimize security investments, improve employee productivity and demonstrate compliance.
- Supported by IBM Internet Security Systems (ISS), a recognized industry leader of managed security service with world-wide redundant security operation centers, security research within the X-Force organization, and certified engineers and security analysts to provide 24x7x365 support.
- A network monitoring and management product suite that provides complete out-tasking of all or part of customer’s data network. It is a comprehensive, integrated package of products and services for building and proactively overseeing networks.
- Enables customers to control operational costs, while improving network uptime and performance, regulatory compliance and to optimize their security investments.
- Provides around-the-clock health and fault monitoring of network devices by IBM’s skilled operations analysts using automated surveillance tools. Customers can view network performance statistics, alerts and create and manage trouble tickets, all from Qwest’s QControl® Portal.
Krysten Westrum, IT Manager, TEAM Industries, Inc. Eric Bozich, vice president of Qwest Business Markets Group Product Management Scott Stainken, general manager of IBM’s Telecommunications Industry &lfont-family: Arial">SUPPORTING RESOURCES
“Our smaller manufacturing firm’s needs mimic that of a larger enterprise. We found that Qwest and IBM’s solution addresses those needs and provides us with access to security and network experts. Although two companies are involved, our experience with support and visibility into service information has been seamless. We are confident that as we grow, Qwest and IBM are there to provide us with scalable solutions to meet our needs.”
“When we announced our relationship with IBM, we showcased that Qwest would design and deliver new solutions that let customers redirect their operational dollars to strategic initiatives and make IT a competitive differentiator rather than a cost center. Qwest is now delivering new mid-size business solutions that customers like TEAM Industries can leverage for success.”
“Together IBM and Qwest have moved swiftly to offer mid-market customers a comprehensive set of network infrastructure requirements. Users will appreciate the powerful new tools that come from aligning IBM’s expertise and capabilities with a world-class services provider to deliver an exceptional end-to-end customer experience.”
Krysten Westrum, IT Manager, TEAM Industries, Inc.
Eric Bozich, vice president of Qwest Business Markets Group Product Management
Scott Stainken, general manager of IBM’s Telecommunications Industry
&lfont-family: Arial">SUPPORTING RESOURCES
- Case Study: TEAM Industries, Inc.
- Video: Network Management Services
- White Paper: Network Management Services: A Cost Effective Approach to Complexity
- White Paper: The “Three Ps” of Evaluating Managed Network Services: Portfolio, Partnerships and Process
About Qwest Business
Qwest Business is a choice of 95 percent of Fortune 500 cortfolio of data and voice networking communications solutions to enterprises, government agencies and educational institutions of all sizes. The Qwest network backbone covers the entire continental United States and has one of the largest fiber footprints in the U.S., capable of supporting 40 Gbps data transmission rates now and 100 Gbps soon. Go to Qwest.com/business to see why enterprises coast-to-coast rely on Qwest for first-class communications solutions and to learn more about Qwest’s commitment to perfecting the customer experience.
For more information please visit: http://www.ibm.com/businesscenter/smb/us/en/index
The marks that comprise the Qwest logo are registered trademarks of Qwest Communications International Inc. in the U.S. and certain other countries.