With its new Core Connect solution, Qwest is confronting the complexity that small businesses face with their IT. Core Connect offers a simple, single solution that delivers essential small-business technology, including high-speed Internet, phone, business e-mail and a business Web site.
“We went beyond surveys or focus groups – we followed small-business owners through their workdays and were struck by the time wasted on figuring out technology,” said Stephanie Copeland, vice president of Qwest Small Business. “This made it clear that a simple solution like Core Connect is needed. Now small-business owners can focus on running their businesses – not untangling network options.”
To inform the development of Qwest Core Connect, Qwest captured ethnographic observations and interviews with small- and medium-sized businesses in Qwest markets, which indicated that for most small businesses, the perceived complexity of even the most basic IT services is a source of deep confusion and fru/font>
Small businesses – from a one-person shop to a business with several locations – can subscribe to Qwest Core Connect for the promotional rate of $69.99 a month for six months with a new 2- or 3-year commitment. The regular rate after the sixth month will vary by commitment terms and high-speed Internet speed tier selected. Services and terms vary by state, and this promotion is not available in
The Qwest Core Connect Solution includes:
· Phone service with up to 15 calling features
· Unlimited local and nationwide long-distance calls
· Several choices of high-speed Internet connection speeds up to 20 Mbps (12 Mbps and 20 Mbps speed tiers are available only in select areas)
· 5GB of Web hosting storage
· Access to Web design templates
· Up to a 10-page Web site, including search engine optimization (SEO)
· Custom e-mail that employees can access from anywhere they have Internet access
· Domain name and registration with Microsoft® Exchange e-mail activation
· 24/7 technical support
Qwest also redesigned its small-business Web site with a simplified interface, and now features a convenient way to talk to Qwest: The “click-to-call” feature enables Qwest’s current small-business customers to enter their phone number and request a call back from a Qwest customer service representative or sales person.