· Crash Happens is a user-generated content (UGC) contest, located at www.winwithqwest.com, which asks entrants to submit videos, photos or blogs describing their stories of ill-timed computer crashes or other forms of data loss. Entrants are then asked to explain how Qwest’s automatic online backup service could have saved the day.
· The Qwest Crash Happens contest runs through Oct. 6. The contest is hosted by The Social Media SolutionTM, Brickfish®. Through the use of the Brickfish platform participants can create personalized brand-focused UGC and then virally share the contest and their content with their social networks via widgets, IM, blogs and e-mail. The contest is open to those 18 and older, living within Qwest’s 14-state region.
· The Grand Prize winner, selected by Qwest from the top 25 highest scoring entries, will have his or her submission promoted and showcased on Qwest’s online channels and will receive a Dell Inspiron™ Mini 10 Netbook, a Flip UltraHD™ camera and twelve $50 Qwest reward cards to help pay for a Qwest High-Speed Internet® bill for a year.
· In addition to the Grand Prize winner, prizes will be awarded to one Runner-Up and one “Most Viral” winner. Both of these winners, selected by Qwest from the top 25 highest scoring entries in each category, will receive a Dell Inspiron™ Mini 10 Netbook, a Flip UltraHD™ camera and six $50 Qwest reward cards to help pay for a Qwest High-Speed Internet® bill for six months.
· Qwest is promoting the contest through online marketing channels, as well as through its social media program, including a Twitter campaign that offers tweeters a chance to win free Qwest High-Speed Internet service for a month. Details at www.twitter.com/winwithqwest.
· Qwest High-Speed Internet service includes free 2 GB of automatic online backup space – with more space available for purchase – allowing customers to protect priceless photos, music and documents with off-site security.
Todd Townsend, vice president of Qwest Consumer Marketing
“Let’s face it: computers can crash, coffee can spill and laptops can get stolen. That’s why we offer automatic online backup service to Qwest High-Speed Internet customers – to help them avoid losing their music library, precious photos and other digital valuables.”
“It’s not funny at the time, but sharing stories of data loss can be a cathartic, maybe even a humorous way to remind us all of the importance of backing up critical files. This contest is a fun way for people to do that, and for us to connect with our customers.”
· View entries and submit stories to the “Crash Happens” contest page at www.winwithqwest.com.
· Review “Crash Happens” contest rules here.
· Follow the “Crash Happens” Twitter Promotion at www.twitter.com/winwithqwest
· Learn about Qwest Automatic Online Backup service at www.qwest.com/digitalvault
· View the Qwest Personal Digital Vault Fact Sheet here
· View Qwest’s Online Backup Tips here
· Learn about The Social Media SolutionTM, Brickfish: www.brickfish.com/company