DENVER - Qwest Communications International Inc. (NYSE: Q) is turning the spotlight on the benefits of its high-tech services and easy-to-use technology in a new, integrated marketing campaign that takes a humorous approach to highlighting the role technology plays in people's lives. The new campaign shows how Qwest's technology makes the tasks of everyday life more efficient and convenient -- from protecting memories and getting the most out of a high-speed Internet connection to saving money with bundled service packages.
- Click here to view the new campaign created by Chicago-based DraftFCB. The integrated campaign is a comical yet relatable take on the extremes people will go to for the technology they need every day, and includes television, radio, online and outdoor advertising as well as, public relations and direct mail.
- For example, to promote Qwest's recently launched free automatic online back-up service, Personal Digital Vault, a 30-second TV spot shows a family trying to recreate a baby photo album, while another spot chronicles a former college student-gone-cow-milker who lost her thesis in cyber space. Playing off of widespread concerns about saving money, a 60-second TV ad shows a woman trying to squirt ketchup from individual packets into a bottle.
- This is the first major campaign launch under the new marketing leadership of Todd Townsend, Qwest's new vice president of Marketing.
- The campaign comes on the heels of another initiative, Talk to Qwest, an online, social media customer service program designed to respond to and solve customer issues in a whole new way. A customer service team monitors social networks like Twitter and blogs to help customers solve issues with their service. Talk to Qwest and the new campaign are part of Qwest's ongoing effort to perfect the customer experience.
"The new Qwest campaign showcases what people want from technology. People need great service, to save money, and to get extra value from their technology provider. To us it's about perfecting their experience. We're showing how Qwest's services are the smarter choice for today's lifestyles, enhancing the lives of our customers."
-Todd Townsend, Qwest vice president of Marketing
"Qwest's new campaign is about enhancing and enabling customers and their technology, not telling and pushing them. We wanted to show that Qwest understands its consumers, their life and needs. The creative moves beyond how fast and how cheap, to what can be and how Qwest can help people achieve in more ways than they imagined."
-Cary Pierce, executive vice president at Draftfcb
- Learn more about Qwest and its product offerings at www.Qwest.com.
- See the ads at here - http://www.draftfcb.com/viewingroom/qwest/launch/.
- Learn more about Qwest and social media at www.socialmedia.qwest.com
Customers coast to coast turn to Qwest's industry-leading national fiber-optic network and world-class customer service to meet their communications and entertainment needs. For residential customers, Qwest offers a new generation of fiber-optic Internet service, high-speed internet solutions, as well as home phone, Verizon Wireless, and DIRECTV® services. Qwest is also the choice of 95 percent of Fortune 500 companies, offering a full suite of network, data and voice services for small businesses, large businesses, government agencies and wholesale customers. Additionally, Qwest participates in Networx, the largest communications services contract in the world, and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by a leading technology industry analyst firm.