· Qwest will discontinue all Qwest Wireless service on Oct. 31, 2009.
· There is no early termination fee when disconnecting Qwest Wireless service.
· Qwest is an authorized agent for Verizon Wireless. Qwest Wireless customers who select Verizon Wireless as their provider can take advantage of combined billing and exclusive handset offers from Verizon Wireless.
· In September and October, when Qwest Wireless customers who have not changed wireless service providers make a call, they will be routed to a live Qwest service representative, who will remind customers that Qwest is discontinuing Qwest Wireless service and a new service provider needs to be selected. Once the customer service communication is complete, calls will be connected as dialed.
· For more information about switching from Qwest Wireless service, visit http://www.qwest.com/wirelessfaq, or call 1 800-516-0669, or visit one of the many Qwest Solution Centers www.qwest.com/stores.
Neil E. Cox, Qwest executive vice president of Product
"Our goal is to offer service that meets the needs of our customers and to provide timely information about changes or events that impact that service," said Neil E. Cox, Qwest executive vice president of Product. "Last year, through our strong alliance with Verizon Wireless, our customers began the move to the industry's best wireless products and services on the nation’s most reliable wireless network. Today, we are reminding those who have not transitioned that Qwest Wireless service will end on Oct. 31."
· Download a fact sheet for more information.
· Click here to view a brief video with more information about switching to Verizon Wireless.
· Qwest Wireless customers can choose a Verizon Wireless phone and plan at www.qwest.com/offer
· Qwest Wireless transition FAQs: www.qwest.com/wirelessfaq
t: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"> Para mas información en Español: www.qwest.com/espanol, 1 866-961-2653
Customers coast to coast turn to Qwest's industry-leading national fiber-optic network and world-class customer service to meet their communications and entertainment needs. For residential customers, Qwest offers a new generation of fiber-optic Internet service, high-speed internet solutions, as well as home phone, Verizon Wireless, and DIRECTV® services. Qwest is also the choice of 95 percent of Fortune 500 companies, offering a full suite of network, data and voice services for small businesses, large businesses, government agencies and wholesale customers. Additionally, Qwest participates in Networx, the largest communications services contract in the world, and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by a leading technology industry analyst firm.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
The marks that comprise the Qwest logo are registered trademarks of Qwest Communications International Inc. in the
Margaret Fogarty | Qwest