El Mirage, Ariz. – Aug. 18 – Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) has deployed to El Mirage, Ariz., its Qwest® Heavy Duty™ Internet, a culmination of Qwest’s commitment to providing dependable, fiber-optic-fast Internet speeds with security features and wireless access available at home and away. Heavy Duty Internet is capable of delivering connection speeds up to 40 Mbps downstream and 20 Mbps upstream – the fastest upstream speed available in
More than Fast – Powerful
More than fast, Qwest’s Heavy Duty Internet service is backed by a network with 99.9% reliability. The Qwest network delivers in selected areas downstream connection speeds up to 40 Mbps and up to 20 Mbps upstream, which is the fastest upstream connection available in
· Download an average 30-minute TV show in as little as 44 seconds.
· Download an HD movie in as little as 10 minutes.
· Upload about 15 high-quality photos in less than a minute.
· Upload a 3-minute video file in as little as 10 seconds (actual times will vary)
Qwest’s Heavy Duty Internet includes Qwest @Ease™ a suite of backup, security and support services that make it easier to control, protect and connect digital devices. The suite includes key services such as:
· Industry-leading protection against viruses and spyware from Norton™ AntiVirus Online
· Automatic Online Backup with Qwest Personal Digital Vault™. Includes 2 GB of online backup at no charge, with additional space available with upgraded tiers.
· The ability to upgrade your protection with our Qwest @Ease™ complete suite of backup, security and support services, including:
- Full protection of Qwest warranties and guarantees
- Annual PC tune-up
- Certified Qwest technician to handle all covered repairs
- Home networking set up and maintenance
- Automatic Online Backup 50 GB
- Norton™ Internet Security Online or Norton 360™ Online
The freedom of mobile access to the information, services and entertainment on the Internet is part of Qwest’s Heavy Duty Internet with the inclusion of Qwest wireless access at home with optional wireless modem and away with Qwest WiFi, powered by AT&T WiFi in over 17,000 locations.
Qwest’s Heavy Duty Internet is offered at an introductory rate of $19.99 for six months for 1.5 Mbps speed tier up to 40 Mbps where available. Price is $10 higher for customers without Qwest local phone service.
“At the end of the day, customers in El Mirage want an easy-to-use, secure, reliable and robust Internet experience that brings all their devices together,” said Jim Campbell, Qwest President for Arizona. “Qwest Heavy Duty Internet allows users to do it all, from downloading movies to gaming to sharing photos when they want, whether they’re at home or around town.”
Qwest and the marks comprising the Qwest logo are registered trademarks of Qwest Communications International Inc. in the
Customers coast to coast turn to Qwest's industry-leading national fiber-optic network and world-class customer service to meet their communications and entertainment needs. For residential customers, Qwest offers a new generation of fiber-optic-fast Internet service, high-speed internet solutions, as well as home phone, Verizon Wireless, and DIRECTV® services. Fortune 500 companies choose Qwest to deliver a full suite of network, data and voice services for small businesses, large businesses, government agencies and wholesale customers. Additionally, Qwest participates in , the largest communications services contract in the world and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by leading technology industry analyst firms.
The marks that comprise the Qwest logo are registered trademarks of Qwest Communications International Inc. in the