YAKIMA, Wash., Oct. 12, 2009 – Memorial Practice Management (MPM) has selected Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) to provide an advanced communications network solution to connect seven MPM-managed health care clinics in central Washington. MPM provides services, including staff recruitment, administration, billing, and technical support designed to help physicians and their staffs manage the time-consuming aspects of running their practices.
- Qwest is delivering MPM’s communications solution using Qwest Metro Optical Ethernet (QMOE). The service provides reliable, scalable bandwidth that allows MPM to increase bandwidth capacity when needed in order to meet the growing demands of next-generation technologies and telehealth services. &>Qwest’s network provides the secure, high-speed data transfer necessary to deliver MPM’s practice management software. The cutting-edge software provides the clinics turnkey support for their day-to-day business operations.
- Qwest’s network also will deliver MPM’s new electronic health records application. Supported by network speeds of up to 200 megabits per second, doctors and staff will be able to send and view patient-specific medical data and records, and monitor patients’ progress with doctors and specialists throughout the health care system.
- Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital (Memorial Hospital) owns and operates the MPM-managed clinics in central Washington. These clinics provide a variety of inpatient acute care and outpatient diagnostic and treatment services.
Jeff Garretson, senior systems analyst, Memorial Practice Management: “Balancing the day-to-day business aspects of a typical medical practice while providing quality patient care can be a challenge for doctors and their staffs. Qwest Metro Optical Ethernet makes it possible for MPM to deliver the applications that allow clinicians to spend less time on paperwork and more time on patient care.”
Chris Ancell, executive vice president, Qwest Business Markets Group: “Demand continues to grow within the medical community for high-speed, affordable bandwidth to deliver advanced applications and services. Qwest solutions like QMOE enable health care providers of all sizes to take advantage of the time-saving information and resources that help them more easily and effectively manage their practices.”
- Web site: Qwest Ethernet Solutions
- Web site: Memorial Practice Management
- Video: Why Do Business With Qwest?
- Webinar Replay: Do More, Spend Less: How Service Providers Can Help Consolidate IT Expenses