DENVER – March 16, 2011 – Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) and CoSentry, a one-source provider of cloud computing and managed technical services, announced today the implementation of Qwest’s high capacity fiber network. Qwest Metro Optical Ethernet (QMOE) will support CoSentry clients’ data center, managed hosting and cloud computing needs.
- Qwest has extended its IP fabric directly into the CoSentry data centers which means CoSentry’s data center clients may connect to the Internet directly and avoid paying local loop fees.
- As one of the Tier one nationwide network providers serving CoSentry, Qwest will interconnect CoSentry’s four data centers located in Kansas City, MO; Omaha, NE; Papillon, NE and Sioux Falls, SD with QMOE, a completely meshed Ethernet network that provides bandwidth speeds up to 1 Gigabit per second (Gbps) and connects back to Qwest’s IP backbone which covers the entire United States.
- Because the solution is secure and flexible, CoSentry clients can have confidence that their mission-critical data is accessible and protected.
- CoSentry customers will benefit from the addition of services and capabilities that allow their clients to control their IT capacity needs and dynamically expand as business needs warrant.
- With Qwest’s highly reliable and high speed network, CoSentry will be better positioned to capitalize on the growth stemming from their Secure Cloud Services offering and collocation business.
- Backed by a strong record of compliance and security, Qwest’s network is integral for CoSentry to serve its financial, transportation, energy, e-commerce, government and education clients.
Blake Wetzel, vice president, Sales for Qwest Business Partner Program:
“Qwest solutions expand and enhance the connectivity between businesses and their customers. By teaming with Qwest Business Partner Program’s Evolving Solutions, we are helping CoSentry deliver the cutting edge solutions that this carrier-neutral data center customer needs in today’s complex world.”
Dan Cullen, vice president, central region for CoSentry:
“Advanced network solutions like hybrid cloud computing require a confluence of very skilled engineering and premier infrastructure. That’s what this CoSentry/Qwest relationship provides: contemporary compute and storage fabric protected by a world-class network. CoSentry provides the services and technology that companies need in an ‘always-on world’ to act quickly and maintain a productive enterprise at all times.”
About Qwest Business
Fortune 500 companies and other enterprises, government agencies and educational institutions of all sizes choose Qwest Business to deliver a comprehensive portfolio of data and voice networking communications solutions. The Qwest network backbone covers the entire continental United States and has one of the largest fiber footprints in the U.S., capable of supporting 40 Gbps data transmission rates now and 100 Gbps soon. Go to Qwest.com/business to see why enterprises coast-to-coast rely on Qwest for first-class communications solutions and to learn more about Qwest’s commitment to perfecting the customer experience.
CoSentry serves as a one source provider of data center, cloud computing and managed technical services. For over 10 years CoSentry has been helping clients create and protect technology platforms to compete in today’s ALWAYS ON business environment. Business leaders depend on CoSentry’s world-class capabilities including collocation, virtual server and storage platforms, high-capacity internet and technical help desk services to keep their businesses running – no matter what. CoSentry has facilities in Kansas City, MO, and Sioux Falls, SD, Papillion, NE and Omaha, NE. For more information about CoSentry, please visit their website at www.cosentry.com
The marks that comprise the Qwest logo are registered trademarks of Qwest Communications International Inc. in the U.S. and certain other countries.