Denver, December 14, 2000 – Qwest Communications International Inc. (NYSE: Q), the broadband Internet communications company, today announced the launch of its all-digital wireless voice and data service in Bozeman, Mont. and surrounding areas, including Manhattan, Belgrade and portions of I-94.
Qwest Wireless is the only wireless company able to seamlessly integrate wireless voice and data functionality with wireline office or home telephone service, paging and Internet browsing, e-mail and information streaming services previously accessible only by office or home PC.
"Qwest Wireless makes it easy for busy people to stay in touch and get the information they need – no more missed calls from clients or the kids, and you can access the Web, e-mail, or even a company intranet, on the go," said Peter Mannetti, president of Qwest Wireless.
Qwest Wireless also offers competitive price plans, caller ID and three-way calling as well as the following:
- Unique Three-State Calling Area – Now Qwest Wireless customers in Bozeman will join existing Qwest Wireless customers in Montana, Colorado and Wyoming who have the ability to make toll-free calls to any point in those states from within a Qwest Wireless service area. Bozeman joins Butte, Great Falls, Missoula and Helena as the fifth market serviced by Qwest Wireless in the state.
- Fully-Integrated Wireless and Wireline Service – Qwest's One Number ServiceSM makes it possible for office or home calls to ring on a customer’s wireless phone. To turn the feature on or off, customers simply press a few numbers on the wireless handset. Qwest's Voice Messaging Link offers a single voice mailbox for office or home and wireless phones. Subscribers only need to dial one number to get all of their voice messages.
- Simplified Wireless Data Access –
- Qwest's VoiceBrowsingSM delivers the first "talking Internet" service on any Qwest Wireless phone. Customers can use business locator services as well as personalized, up-to-date news, sports, traffic, airline, stock quotes and weather information in Colorado, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, Minnesota, Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming.
- Qwest's enhanced BrowseNowSM service makes it easy to access the Internet from a wireless phone. BrowseNow subscribers can have a single e-mail address for both their computer and their wireless phone, one set of passwords and one set of bookmarks.
- Qwest's MessagePakSM sends word messages, numeric messages and a personalized selection of Internet news and information directly to a Qwest wireless phone.
- Qwest's Dial-Up Access enables subscribers to link their PC, Palm Pilot or other Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) to their wireless phone. Subscribers can connect to their company intranet, office or personal ISP or use their phone for fax connections whenever and wherever they want.
Based on an open, multi-vendor architecture that costs less to deploy than single-vendor systems, Qwest Wireless network enables the company to quickly expand its portfolio of Internet-based products and services. The network was built in partnership with Alcatel, Ericsson, Nortel Networks, Tekelec and Touch America.
Pricing and Availability
Qwest Wireless is now available in five Montana cities: Missoula, Great Falls, Helena, Butte and Bozeman. Qwest Wireless offers a variety of price plans that allow customers to tailor the service to meet their individual needs. Current plan highlights include:
- Consumer Shared 300 – a $49.99 monthly rate gives two callers 300 local weekday minutes and 500 local weekend minutes, and free long distance for all calls placed from customer's home calling area. Also includes unlimited calling between the two subscribers’ wireless phones and free Voice Browsing for a limited time.
- Winter 1200 – a $29.99 plan for residential customers that includes 200 weekday minutes and 1000 weekend minutes. This offer is available through January 2001.
- Business Shared 1200 – for $139.99 two callers receive 1200 anytime minutes, unlimited calling between the two subscribers' wireless phones, free calls to their business phone, and Qwest business voicemail service on combined bill accounts.
- Rant & Rave 2250SM – for only $39.99, residential customers receive 2000 weekend/evening and 250 weekday minutes. Domestic long-distance, voicemail, MessagePak and Voice Browsing are included as part of this plan.
These plans and others are available throughout Qwest Wireless' coverage area. For more information on Qwest Wireless offerings and coverage area please call (888) 879-0611 or visit www.qwest.com.
Qwest Communications International Inc. (NYSE: Q) is a leader in reliable, scalable and secure broadband Internet-based data, voice and image communications for businesses and consumers. The Qwest Macro Capacity® Fiber Network, designed with the newest optical networking equipment for speed and efficiency, spans more than 104,000 miles globally. For more information, please visit the Qwest web site at www.qwest.com.
This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements may differ materially from actual future events or results. Readers are referred to the documents filed by Qwest with the Securities and Exchange Commission, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, including potential fluctuations in quarterly results, dependence on new product development, rapid technological and market change, failure to maintain rights of way, financial risk management and future growth subject to risks, adverse changes in the regulatory or legislative environment, and failure to achieve the synergies and financial results expected from the acquisition of U S WEST, Inc. This release may include analysts' estimates and other information prepared by third parties, for which Qwest assumes no responsibility. Qwest undertakes no obligation to review or confirm analysts' expectations or estimates or to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
The Qwest logo is a registered trademark of, and CyberCenter is a service mark of, Qwest Communications International Inc. in the U.S. and certain other countries.
Qwest Media Contact