The agreement extends a strategic alliance that started in October 2004. Since then, Qwest customers have enjoyed the full suite of DIRECTV products bundled with Qwest’s broadband and voice services.
Under the agreement, Qwest will provide an enhanced customer experience through streamlined customer support and the development of integrated products and services in partnership with DIRECTV.
In addition to the new agreement, Qwest and DIRECTV have launched a new suite of integrated services that enable consumers to maximize the value of their home entertainment experience tRECTV service and their Qwest High-Speed Internet connection. New integrated services include:
- Remote Recording: Customers won’t miss their favorite program because they forgot to hit record. DIRECTV’s DVR Scheduler from Qwest provides customers with the flexibility to record programs or order Video on Demand from any internet-enabled computer – anytime, anywhere via the Qwest High-Speed Internet portal.
- Integrated Calling: Customers with a qualifying Qwest bundle and a broadband-connected DVR can manage their Qwest home phone service from the television. Currently in beta, Qwest’s new Integrated Calling Features allow customers to play voice mail messages, see incoming Qwest-branded Caller ID alerts, keep track of incoming and outgoing calls, and even return calls with the touch of a button from their DIRECTV remote.
Key consumer benefits of the Qwest and DIRECTV partnership include:
- Content: DIRECTV offers more than 265 channels – including the most HD channels available anywhere – with 100 percent digital picture and sound, exclusive programming and is the undisputed leader in sports programming available with exclusive offerings like NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ and NCAA® MEGA MARCH MADNESS®. With DIRECTV, Qwest customers can also continue to access thousands of titles from DIRECTV on Demand and begin enjoying their favorite movies and programs in seconds with Qwest’s fiber-optic fast Internet speeds.
- Bundling: Qwest offers customers bundle discounts for Qwest High-Speed Internet® and DIRECTV services, the convenience of one bill and personalized bundles designed to meet their specific communications and entertainment needs.
- Convenience: Qwest customers have one primary point of contact for customer service, installation and billing inquiries. Qwest maintains responsibility for marketing, and DIRECTV installs equipment and provides technical support.
- Integration and Innovation: The powerful combination of Qwest High-Speed Internet and DIRECTV provides opportunities for the companies to create and launch integrated features tham cable.
Neil E. Cox, Qwest Executive Vice President, Product and IT
“DIRECTo;s consumer video strategy. For Qwest customers interested in the best home entertainment, two brands are better than one. Our partnership with DIRECTV is built on integration and innovation, which gives us the ability to deliver an enhanced home entertainment experience for Qwest customers.”
David Olsen, DIRECTV Senior Vice President, Sales
“The agreement enables us to further evolve our successful relationship with Qwest by offering more ways for customers to take advantage of the integration of Qwest’s high-speed broadband and phone services with DIRECTV’s best-in-class video service. Qwest and DIRECTV will deliver even more value and entertainment options for consumers beyond the convenience of the bundle.”
- Click here to order DIRECTV service through Qwest
- Download Qwest and DIRECTV Logo Lock-up
- Qwest Web site: www.qwest.com
- DIRECTV Web site: http://www.directv.com/
Customers coast to coast turn to Qwest's industry-leading national fiber-optic network and world-class customer service to meet their communications and entertainment needs. For residential customers, Qwest offers a new generation of fiber-optic Internet service, high-speed internet solutions, as well as home phone, Verizon Wireless, and DIRECTV® services. Qwest is also the choice of 95 percent of Fortune 500 companies, offering a full suite of network, data and voice services for small businesses, large businesses, government agencies and wholesale customers. Additionally, Qwest participates in Networx, the largest communications services contract in the world, and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by a leading technology industry analyst firm.
DIRECTV, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTV), the nation's No. 1 satellite television service, presents the finest television experience available to more than 18 million customers in the United States and is leading the HD revolution with more than 130 HD channels - more quality HD channels than any other television provider. Each day, DIRECTV subscribers enjoy access to over 265 channels of 100% digital picture and sound, exclusive programming, industry-leading customer satisfaction (which has surpassed all national cable companies for nine years running) and superior technologies that include advanced DVR and HD-DVR services and the most state-of-the-art interactive sports packages available anywhere. For the most up-to-date information on DIRECTV, please visit www.directv.com.
# # #
The marks that comprise the Qwest logo are registered trademarks of Qwest Communications International Inc. in the
Margaret Fogarty | Qwest
Robert Mercer | DIRECTV