SAVANNAH, Ga. – Aug. 26, 2009 – Gulfstream Aerospace recently recognized Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) as a top-performing supplier for its design and delivery of an integrated voice and data wide area network (WAN) connecting the aerospace company’s locations in the United States and internationally.
Of its 350 vendors, Qwest was among 59 singled out for earning 100 percent on the Gulfstream Aerospace supplier measurement rating card. The rating card tracks overall value, delivery, quality, customer service and compliance.
- Using a combination of Qwest iQ Networking, Private and Internet Port technology and CPE solutions, Qwest designed and implemented a network to support domestic and international operations for Gulfstream Aerospace.
- Qwest’s network connects 20 Gulfstream locations in the United States, as well as international sites in England, Israel and Mexico.
- The solution uses Qwest’s WAN based on Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) technology to deliver and protect critical business traffic with speeds of up to 155 Megabits per second (Mbps).
- The result is a converged networking service that relies on MPLS WAN design to help Gulfstream engineer, build and deliver the company’s complete range of corporate, government, private and military aircraft.
- The tailored all-in-one Qwest solution interconnects through a scalable, managed and redundant high-speed platform that integrates voice and data capabilities.
- The combination gives Gulfstro enable greater interaction between offices, quick and easy access to order and shipment information, and improved pricing and sales-information distribution.
Teresa Taylor, executive vice president, Qwest Business Markets Group:
“Qwest is honored to be a Gulfstream Aerospace 2008 Supplier of the Year. This prestigious award recognizes Qwest’s ability to design world-class technology solutions and back them with best-in-class service and support. It’s that combination that earns new business and allows Qwest to grow relationships with existing customers.”
- Press Release: Gulfstream Names Top Suppliers for 2008
- Web site: Qwest Data Networking
- Webinar replay: Do More, Spend Less: How Service Providers Can Help Consolidate IT Expenses
- Video: Why Do Business With Qwest?
About Qwest Business
Qwest Business is a choice of 95 percent of Fortune 500 companies, offering a comprehensive portfolio of data and voice networking communications solutions to enterprises, government agencies and educational institutions of all sizes. The Qwest network backbone covers the entire continental United States and has one of the largest fiber footprints in the U.S., capable of supporting 40 Gbps data transmission rates. Go to Qwest.com/business to see why enterprises coast-to-coast rely on Qwest for first-class communications solutions and to learn more about Qwest’s commitment to perfecting the customer experience.