· The NASA Corporate Backbone is the high-speed broadband network that provides corporate wide area network transport for e-mail, collaboration, and scientific, financial and business applications for the agency’s headquarters, field centers, and numerous facilities and partner locations across the country and the world.
· The circuits comprise a large portion of the NASA Corporate Backbone in terms of capacity and connectivity.
· Qwest’s OWS (Optical Wave Services) approach provides flexibility and can be adapted to almost any architecture (ring, mesh or linear).
· NASA determined that the Qwest solution offered significant benefits in terms of mission suitability.
· Total award is $14.2 million for eight years and was made under Qwest’s U.S. General Services Administration’s Networx Universal contract.
Diana Gowen, Qwest Government Services, Senior Vice President and General Manager:
“Qwest provides a nationwide wavelength infrastructure that will provide NASA with a broad range of technical capabilities for supporting the International Space Station and other missions into the frontiers of >
About Qwest Government Services
Qwest Government Services offers a comprehensive suite of products and services for all agencies of the federal government. The Qwest network covers the entire continental
The marks that comprise the Qwest logo are registered trademarks of Qwest Communications International Inc. in the
Qwest Media Contact
Qwest Corporate Communications