ATLANTA – May 10, 2010 – Miller Zell, a leading retail design firm, recently selected Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) to deliver an integrated, high-speed voice and data platform to serve its operations in the United States and Canada. Headquartered in Atlanta, this $100 million company works with leading retailers and manufacturers to design programs that maximize sales opportunities.
· Qwest iQ Networking delivers a simplified and converged networking service that relies on a multi-protocol Label Switching (MPLS) wide-area network (WAN) design. Leveraging its new high-speed platform, Miller Zell’s sales and design teams are better able to communicate and share information with colleagues and clients throughout the development and deployment of their specialized retail and brand programs.
· With its Qwest high-speed network, Miller Zell’s in-house creative team has the bandwidth it needs to develop and deliver the retail design programs its clients depend on to attract customers.
· The customized all-in-one Qwest solution interconnects Miller Zell employees in the United States with their Canadian counterparts. The scalable, managed and redundant high-speed platform supports Miller Zell’s Internet and local and long-distance phone services, increasing efficiency and productivity.
· The network protects critical business traffic while providing exceptional reliability and service. This combination allows the Miller Zell team to take customer orders and transmit and retrieve reliable account information in virtual real time.
Michael Colbaugh, senior network engineer, Miller Zell:
“With shoppers and businesses watching every dollar, clients depend on us more than ever to create selling environments that connect with customers. We defined the sites and the speeds we wanted and, using iQ Networking technology, Qwest delivered the quality solution and results we needed at a lower cost than its competitors.”
Chris Ancell, executive vice president, Qwest Business Markets Group:
“Working closely with the Miller Zell team, Qwest designed a tailored solution that provides the secure bandwidth they need to deliver their retail design services. They are among our many customers who have discovered that Qwest offers great network solutions at competitive rates.”
· Qwest Case Study: Miller Zell Interview
· Web site: Qwest Data Networking
About Miller Zell
Miller Zell (millerzell.com) is a leader in strategic retail consulting specializing in retail design, shopper insights research & analysis, store implementation and in-store digital technology, serving some of the world’s best known brands. For over 30 years, Atlanta-based Miller Zell designs and builds award-winning selling environments across retail sectors, including grocery, financial institutions, dealer-based businesses, restaurant chains, consumer products and mass merchandise.