DENVER, Nov. 10, 2009 – The Aurora Chamber of Commerce, serving businesses in Colorado’s third-largest city, recently upgraded its office to an integrated voice and data platform using a unified communications solution designed and implemented by Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) and ShoreTel (NASDAQ: SHOR).
- Qwest and the chamber expanded their existing relationship to include Qwest iQ® Integrated Access service, which combines voice and data capabilities.
- iQ Integrated Access uses business-class IP technology to bring voice and data together in a single solution that delivers increased performance at a lower total cost of ownership.
- Qwest’s iQ solution feeds an advanced voice and messaging system designed by ShoreTel. This system is known for being simple to use and administer and gives users added choice and flexibility with Unified Communications, including call routing, conferencing and voicemail handling.
- The chamber is using the Qwest QControl management Web portal for account management, performance monitoring and network configuration.
- Equipment, including ShoreTel’s IP 230 and 560 handsets, were selected for simplicity in design and function. ShoreTel provides a Web-based administration tool for its hardware and software.
- In addition to the IP-enaroviding Internet access, giving the chamber the capability to utilize its Wi-Fi. With the addition of Wi-Fi, visitors to the chamber can log on to the Internet, a convenient benefit that previously was not available.
- By bundling its voice and data services with Qwest, the chamber has realized substantial monthly savings over its prior solution. Using Qwest teleconferencing services, chamber members also now can avoid the cost of traveling to meetings.
George Peck, vice president, Aurora Chamber of Commerce:
“Technology is changing very rapidly and, like our chamber members, we want to stay on the leading edge. Qwest has delivered a more seamless and reliable system than we had before. And because it’s scalable, we can grow it as we need to. That’s extremely important to us.”
Chris Ancell, executive vice president, Qwest Business Markets Group:
“Integrating voice and data on a single platform enables small and large business alike to balance the need for best-in-class technology and its cost. VoIP enables businesses like the Aurora Chamber of Commerce to be more productive. Most importantly, integrated voice and data helps them deliver better service to their members.”