WEST CHESTER, Pa., Oct. 20, 2009 – A. Duie Pyle recently upgraded its communications network and enhanced operations using an integrated voice and data solution from Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q). Qwest connected 20 A. Duie Pyle locations, including its West Chester headquarters campus and the company’s network of service centers and warehouses with Qwest iQ Networking. By implementing Qwest’s solution, this privately owned company was able to prioritize between Internet and private data, allowing the company the flexibility needed to properly manage its network, and at less cost than its unmanaged network with their previous provider.
Family-owned and operated for 85 years, A. Duie Pyle is the premier provider of transportation and logistics services in the northeast United States. Pyle's resources include 835 trucks; more than 2 million square feet of public and contract warehousing and distribution space; and a wide range of specialized equipment to meet the needs of customers in the Northeast.
- The solution uses Qwest’s Wide Area Networking connectivity (WAN) based on Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) technology to deliver and protect critical business traffic with speeds of up to 6 megabits per second to each site.
- The result is a converged networking service that relies on MPLS WAN design to help A. Duie Pyle employees deliver the company’s complete offering of transportation, warehousing and distribution services.
- The tailored, all-in-one Qwest solution interconnects through a scalable, managed and redundant high-speed platform that integrates voice and data capabilities.
- The data capability alone gives the A. Duie Pyle team the technology tools to enable greater interaction between offices, quick and easy access to shipment information, improved sales-information distribution, and enhanced scheduling, routing, and load planning management.
- ">With this customized, all-in-one solution, A. Duie Pyle also benefits from simplified systems that use and enhance their existing technologies. For example, the added bandwidth Qwest provides reinforces Pyle’s Dashboard to Desktop™ technology. The most advanced tracking technology available to shippers in the Northeast, Dashboard to Desktop gives customers visibility to their shipments on a daily, hourly and even minute-by-minute basis.
Jim Dobson, director of Information Technology, A. Duie Pyle:
"As a geographically diverse business, we’re investing in our future by working with a single provider that is capable of consolidating and managing our entire network. We identified a need and Qwest delivered an integrated voice and data solution tailored to address it. We continue to provide outstanding service with even greater predictability to our customers.”
Chris Ancell, executive vice president, Qwest Business Markets Group:
“Qwest attracts new customers, like A. Duie Pyle, by developing and delivering technology solutions that solve business problems and meet quality objectives. We’re also committed to deepening relationships with existing customers by designing simplified, integrated solutions that help them evolve, compete and succeed.”
Video: Why Do Business With Qwest?