CenturyLink Launches Prism TV in Southwest Florida
CenturyLink Prism provides a clear alternative to cable and satellite
May 26, 2011
CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL), a leading provider of high-quality broadband, entertainment and voice services, is changing the way Southwest Floridians watch television with the launch of CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV. The new television service, an alternative to cable and satellite, offers the most advanced combination of television features available in Southwest Florida.
CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV is a 100 percent digital TV service offering local, premium and high-definition channels delivered over the communications company’s advanced, managed network. Prism is built on an interactive platform, where updates are made automatically to offer customers a better combination of TV entertainment features compared to cable and satellite.
“Many southwest Floridians have been asking for an alternative TV service and we’re proud to announce that CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV is here,” said Erik Zimmer, vice president and general manager for CenturyLink in Southwest Florida. “CenturyLink has made a significant investment in the area to upgrade our core fiber network, data switches and components to support CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV. Our network is stronger than it ever has been and customers will benefit by having a feature-rich alternative to cable and satellite.”
CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV provides access to more than 240 all-digital channels, including Hispanic and international channels, as well as Pay Per View and Video On Demand. Standard and add-on features include:
- Whole Home DVR: Manage the DVR library on any TV, in any room, and record up to four shows at once on a single DVR from any Prism-connected TV.
- Warp-Speed Channel Change: Change the channel with virtually no lag time.
- Personal Media Sharing: Access photos and music stored on a computer.
- Picture-in-Picture Surfing: See what’s playing on one channel while watching another.
- Video On Demand: Access to hundreds of free and paid movies and TV shows.
- Robust International Content: Access to more than 30 Spanish and foreign-language channels.
- Find-it-Fast Navigation: Search live or recorded TV and Video On Demand by actor, title or category.
- Remote DVR Programming: Program the DVR online at centurylink.net.
- On-Screen Caller ID: See who’s calling your phone without having to get up from the couch.
- Extras: Karaoke, games, local gas prices, stock prices, daily recipes and other applications are available at no additional cost.
- Automatic Updates: Receive updates automatically as new features launch.
- Mosaics: Watch one show while simultaneously monitoring additional shows.
- Media Room: Access and manage online applications including Facebook, YouTube, Picasa Photo Sharing, fantasy sports and more.
CenturyLink™ Prism™ service comes in a number of different packages to suit various customer needs, all backed by a 30-day risk free satisfaction guarantee. Plans start as low as $35.99 monthly for more than 120 digital channels when combined with qualifying services, after a promotional discount. Bundles are available, including a triple-play package which includes Prism, high-speed Internet and voice services for under $90 per month.
CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV is available for demonstration online at www.seeprismtv.com or at any of the company’s five area stores:
Fort Myers - 5100 Daniels Pkwy., (239) 590-0440
Cape Coral - 2710 Del Prado Blvd. S., (239) 772-9100
Estero - Coconut Point Mall, (239) 390-0771
Naples - 6438 Naples Blvd., (239) 596-6220
Port Charlotte - 1020 El JoBean Rd., (941) 629-9311
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. The company provides broadband, voice and wireless services to consumers and businesses across the country. It also offers advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLinkTM PrismTM TV and DIRECTV brands. In addition, the company provides data, voice and managed services to business, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers. CenturyLink is recognized as a leader in the network services market by key technology industry analyst firms. CenturyLink’s customers range from Fortune 500 companies in some of the country’s largest cities to families living in rural America. Headquartered in Monroe, La., CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com.
For further information: Brian Hamman, 239.335.8330, email@example.com