SPOKANE, Wash., May 20, 2009 — Qwest Communications
(NYSE: Q) today announced an agreement with Sterling Savings Bank
(NASDAQ: STSA) to reinforce its disaster recovery capabilities
with hosting space in Qwest’s state-of-the-art Seattle CyberCenter
. Under the 3-year agreement, Sterling and Qwest are expanding their existing relationship to include 350 feet of space in Qwest's Tier 1 Seattle data center. Service is backed by an industry-leading service level agreement.
- Spokane-based Sterling is the leading commercial bank headquartered in Washington and provides complete personal, small business, commercial and institutional financial services.
- Qwest’s top-rated hosting services provide secure, redundant, and environmentally controlled facilities that house mission-critical information.
- Qwest Hosting offers an integrated portfolio of customizable Internet solutions within Qwest’s CyberCenter facilities that are powered by the company’s global, all-optical IP network.
- Qwest CyberCenters provide expert support so customers may conduct e-commerce, operate complex Web sites, and manage entire IT environments.
- QWave is a fully managed, private, point-to-point service delivered over a state-of-the-art dense wave division multiplexing (DWDM) network. The product is ideally suited for banks and financial institutions that require dedicated broadband transport network connectivity without the need for capital or the responsibility of owning and operating network infrastructure.
- The Qwest network has one of the largest fiber footprints in the United States and supports 40Gbps data transmission rates.
Cindy Parker, information technology director, Sterling Savings Bank:
“Uptime is critical to instilling customer confidence. With its proven data protection and secure network, Qwest gives us redundant hosting solutions that round-out our business continuity plan.”
“Qwest hosting and network solutions give financial institutions the ability to safeguard customers’ financial data whether the information is in storage or moving between locations. Our customers know that if there is ever a serious outage, Qwest will work with them to safeguard and restore their vital data and information.”
Video: Qwest CyberCenter
Video: Why Do Business With Qwest?
White Paper: Ethernet for Financial Services
Webinar Replay: Do More, Spend Less: How Service Providers Can Help Consolidate IT Expenses
# # #
The marks that comprise the Qwest logo are registered trademarks of Qwest Communications International Inc. in the U.S. and certain other countries.