ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – Oct. 5, 2009 – Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) today announced the opening of its 16Albuquerque. Qwest nationwide networks of hosting centers provide highly secure, reliable and scalable dedicated hosting services to businesses and government agencies. While the buildout of more than 14,000 square feet will be completed in 2010, the CyberCenter is operational and serving customers today.
Qwest CyberCenters provide dependable and highly secure hosting solutions to manage and protect customers’ critical data and IT systems. By outsourcing to Qwest, customers can maximize efficiencies and realize significant cost savings over in-house data centers. Qwest provides expert support for customers implementing disaster recovery plans, conducting e-commerce, operating complex Web sites and managing IT environments, including applications, databases and data storage.
With the addition of Albuquerque, Qwest’s 16 CyberCenters are located in 12 metropolitan areas including Denver.; Burbank, Sacramento andSunnyvale, Calif.; Chicago; Columbus, Ohio; Minneapolis; Newark, N.J.; Seattle; Sterling, Va. and Tampa, Fla. al" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt">Key features of Qwest CyberCenters include:
· Highly reliable connectivity to Qwest’s extensive coast-to-coast broadband network
· Multiple emergency power systems to ensure operations in the event of utility failure
· Redundant mechanical cooling systems to support higher rack densities
· Top-of-the-line fire-detection and fire-suppression systems and equipment
· Indoor and outdoor security monitoring and biometric access screening
· Around-the-clock skilled support staff and security personnel
· Service level agreements that offer up to 100 percent network availability
Chris Ancell, executive vice president of Qwest Business Markets Group
“This opening demonstrates Qwest’s continued success in serving enterprise customers nationwide. Our CyberCenters offer customers a compelling alternative to taking on the considerable expense of building, maintaining and staffing their own data center.”
Loretta Armenta, Qwest New Mexico state president
“The Albuquerque CyberCenter represents an important phase of our commitment to invest more than $250 million in New Mexico. Qwest is adding to the technological strength of the state.”
· Video: Tour a Qwest CyberCenter
· Video: Why Do Business with Qwest?
· &le="Calibri">Webinar Replay: Do More, Spend Less: How Service Providers Can Help Consolidate IT Expenses
About Qwest Business
Qwest Business is a choice of 95 percent of Fortune 500 companies, offering a comprehensive portfolio of data and voice networking communications solutions to enterprises, government agencies and educational institutions of all sizes. The Qwest network backbone covers the entire continental United States and has one of the largest fiber footprints in the U.S., capable of supporting 40 Gbps data transmission rates now and 100 Gbps soon. Go to Qwest.com/business to see why enterprises coast-to-coast rely on Qwest for first-class communications solutions and to learn more about Qwest’s commitment to perfecting the customer experience.
The marks that comprise the Qwest logo are registered trademarks of Qwest Communications International Inc. in the U.S. and certain other countries.
<span mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org"="" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 8pt;">email@example.com
Qwest Corporate Communications