Qwest Connects Home of the Minnesota Twins with Converged Voice, Video, Wireless LAN and Data Networking Solution
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn – Feb. 23, 2010 – Qwest (NYSE: Q) today announced it has signed an exclusive multiyear agreement with the Minnesota Twins to deliver exciting, fan-friendly technology at Target Field. The baseball franchise has named Qwest its Official Communications Provider.
- Qwest has designed and deployed a state-of-the-art advanced technology solution at Target Field, the Minnesota Twins’ new 40,000-seat stadium, which opens April 12, 2010
- Qwest is providing a converged IP network infrastructure and unified communications system for the stadium as well as the Twins business operations which are located in the sports complex
- Using the latest innovative equipment from Qwest partner, Cisco, the Target Field network connects all voice, video, security, Wi-Fi and data transmission equipment for a complete turnkey solution
- size: 10pt">The Qwest network is also enabling Cisco StadiumVision.™ With more than 600 TVs located throughout the ballpark, fans can remain active participants by seeing the game in HD everywhere from club levels to concession stands. Other information such as out-of-town scores, team trivia and even local news can be programmed on TVs all around the ballpark
- In addition to providing an advanced technology solution, Qwest is the franchise’s exclusive provider of local, long-distance, Internet, and wide area network (WAN) services. The agreement builds upon Qwest’s existing relationship with the baseball franchise, which goes back nearly a decade.
John Avenson, vice president of technology the Minnesota Twins:
“When Target Field opens in April, fans will experience Minnesota Twins baseball in a whole new way. In addition to just being in our exciting new ballpark, Twins fans can look forward to the Qwest-designed technology platform that will support a variety of exciting features, connecting fans to the game like never before. And as the franchise’s official communications provider, Qwest gives us one company that we can depend on for seamless support.”
Chris Ancell, executive vice president, Qwest Business Markets Group:
“Qwest is thrilled to expand its relationship with the Minnesota Twins organization. As the franchise’s official communications provider, Qwest is part of a new era of baseball that combines the best of America’s favorite pastime with state-of-the-art technology solutions to create a totally new kind of fan experience.”