SALT LAKE CITY – March 5 – The next evolution of Qwest High-Speed Internet® has arrived in many Utah communities.* As
· These speed enhancements power faster video and picture sharing, improve online video chat experiences and provide smoother online-gaming experiences, as well as enhance the performance of home networks connecting multiple devices.
· The increase in both upstream and downstream connection speeds also complements current Qwest offerings, such as automatic online backup service and Video-on-Demand services through its DIRECTV® partnership.
· These speeds are available to qualifying customers at the following prices:
o Upload a 3-minute video file in as little as 10 seconds.
· To check the availability of service in a specific area, visit http://www.qwest.com/morespeed. Customers also can sign up to receive notification of faster speeds deployed to their neighborhood at the site, or by visiting the Qwest Internet Online Community forums.
· This technology expands on Qwest’s ongoing fiber-to-the-node (FTTN) deployment, which recently has passed 3.5 million potential residential and small-business customers throughout its local service region anon homes by the end of 2010.
Jerry D. Fenn
“The Internet, its purpose and uses are constantly evolving; it's a platform where users can create and share their own content. The manner in which people access it and even the very devices that It's feeding content to, such as set-top boxes, game consoles and smart phones, are rapidly expanding. Qwest is playing a vital role in advancing Internet evolution by delivering faster speeds and enhancing the broadband experience.”
· Qwest Fiber-Optic-Fast Internet Service and Availability: www.qwest.com/morespeed
· VDSL2 Bra href="http://news.qwest.com/file.php/666/VDSL2_Fact_Sheet.pdf" target="_blank">here
· Speed Comparison Demo Video here
* Qwest High-Speed Internet: Service not available in all areas. Fiber-optics exists from the neighborhood terminal to the Internet. Fiber-optic services are available only in select areas. Activation fee applies. Prices exclude taxes, surcharges and other fees. With approved credit. Requires compatible modem. Subject to additional restrictions and subscriber agreement.
Customers coast-to-coast turn to Qwest's industry-leading national fiber-optic network and world-class customer service to meet their communications and entertainment needs. For residential customers, Qwest offers a new generation of fiber-optic-fast Internet service, high-speed Internet solutions, as well as digital home phone, wireless service available through Verizon Wireless and DIRECTV® services. Qwest is also the choice of 95 percent of Fortune 500 companies, offering a full suite of network, data and voice services for small businesses
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.